May 20-28 Home Games at Citi Field against Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Pirates
Sale Begins This Sunday, May 18 Following Mets-Nationals Game at Mets.com/Strikeout
FLUSHING, N.Y., May 15, 2014 - The New York Mets today announced the return of the popular "Strikeouts for Savings" promotion when the Mets visit the Washington Nationals for a three-game series starting tomorrow night. For every strikeout Mets pitchers record during the series vs. the Nationals, May 16-18, fans will save on future ticket purchases for Mets home games at Citi Field May 20-28 against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Arizona Diamondbacks and Pittsburgh Pirates.
For every strikeout the Mets pitching staff records in Washington, fans will receive one percent off the purchase price on tickets for the following sections: Baseline Box, Left Field Landing and Promenade Outfield. For example, if Mets pitchers record 20 strikeouts, fans save 20%, 33 strikeouts would result in a 33% percent discount, etc. The more strikeouts Mets pitchers rack up, the greater savings for fans. Mets pitchers are averaging 8 strikeouts per game this season. The promotion initially launched in August 2013 and provided fans with a 42% savings on tickets.
Tickets for this promotion will go on sale within one hour after the conclusion of the Mets-Nationals game on Sunday, May 18 at Mets.com/Strikeouts.
Tickets also will be available over the phone Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., or until the end of the fifth inning on home game days, by calling 718-507-TIXX. The offer concludes Wednesday, May 28 at 2:00 p.m. All prices will round to the nearest dollar using traditional rounding techniques and ticket, order and delivery fees still apply.
Tune into SNY Friday night (7:05 p.m.) and Sunday afternoon (1:10 p.m.) and PIX11 on Saturday (4:10 p.m.) to see how much you will save.
Games Eligible for the Strikeout Offer:
- Tuesday, May 20 vs. Dodgers (7:10 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 21 vs. Dodgers (7:10 p.m.)
- Thursday, May 22 vs. Dodgers (7:10 p.m.)
- Friday, May 23 vs. Diamondbacks (7:10 p.m.) - Free Shirt Friday presented by GEICO
- Saturday, May 24 vs. Diamondbacks (4:10 p.m.) - David Wright Canvas Print pres. by Pepsi
- Sunday, May 25 vs. Diamondbacks (1:10 p.m.) - Bartolo Colon Poster presented by Majestic & Banner Day
- Monday, May 26 vs. Pirates (1:10 p.m.) - Memorial Day & Military Appreciation Day
- Tuesday, May 27 vs. Pirates (7:10 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 28 vs. Pirates (1:10 p.m.)